Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sacrifice.  (Read 790 times)

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Shorer, Kobold Pimp cancels Work: Too Pimpin'
    • View Profile
Sacrifice.
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:25:18 pm »

I'd like to mod this into DF; make my kobolds capable of sacrificing their insane, terminally ill et al for bonuses to various things.

Can I do it? If so, how?

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrifice.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 11:35:02 pm »

I believe this is beyond the scope of current modding capabilities.  Sorry.  You could just strengthen the kobolds if you wanted.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 09:02:13 pm »

It has to be done by the player, the sacrificing.  If you want to RP it.

And you could simply strengthen the kobolds as suggested by Stargrasper.... and/or have a special class of iron/steel or whatever weapons that your kobolds can use. 

The special weapons you have to make yourself and lock up in the armory, only opening after you make a sacrifice... and then locking back up after whatever time or something... you set for yourself. 

More work, but yea... whatever floats for you.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 07:54:27 am »

Build cage trap, put victim on trap somehow, trigger cave-in, you now have trapped victim.

Now throw cage in magma.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:54:53 am »

Build cage trap, put victim on trap somehow, trigger cave-in, you now have trapped victim.

Now throw cage in magma.
all the while chanting "KALIMAAA"
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 08:06:42 am »

Partial topic hijack:

On a similar note, I know that the PET object in reactions creates tame vermin. But what about using it as a reagent? Will the reaction accept regular tame creatures as well?