Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Split "Clothes" and "Finished Goods"  (Read 396 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Split "Clothes" and "Finished Goods"
« on: September 10, 2009, 03:31:01 pm »

I find it annoying that clothes, which actually have a function, get lumped in with crafts like stone mugs, which don't(aside from dwarves buying them in the Economy). Sure you can separate stockpiles, but that doesn't effect anything when the traders come, or when you set your dwarves to encrust/stud finished goods. They're just as likely to go for that -Pig Tail Right Glove- as they are to go for your *Clear Glass Flute*. This sort of applies to increasing control over what your dwarves produce in general, but it's a good start I think.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Split "Clothes" and "Finished Goods"
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:17:12 pm »

Yes, please do. Plus if this is done we can have a 'usuable/unusable' option like we do for armor and weapons.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Split "Clothes" and "Finished Goods"
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 11:24:29 am »

Stockpiles in general need an overhaul. I can agree with this though, separating clothing into it's own stockpile and it's own tab in stocks (please do this, figuring out how much armor I have for my new recruits is a pain when I have to sort through xXPig Tail SockXx stocks) would greatly help.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325