Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [5/5] 2024: The Symbolic Toothbrush. [0/10]  (Read 3885 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: [5/5] 2024: An RTD. - [Waiting List: 0/10]
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 10:27:45 pm »

What is my equipment? Where am I?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 04:54:24 pm »

Statistics
Stats were generated via a one ten-sided die.
They were then adjusted according to your backgrounds/base skills. This way, although your statistics are randomized, they aren't unrealistic for your characters.
Spoiler: Rashilul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bogre (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Apostolic Nihilist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CJ1145 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Humaan (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 05:31:20 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls. (click to show/hide)

Craig Ash scans about the room carefully, despite being drowsy from his drug-induced slumber, he was able to quite impressively gain knowledge of what his surroundings really were. He notices that the walls are gray. And if his eyes don't deceive him, probably made of some alloy of steel. The floors were made of similar material, and were freezing to touch with bare feet, as the prisoners were forced to wear no shoes. There are no doors, strangely enough. There's no indication of a way in - or out, for that matter.
He and the other people in the dome-shaped chamber were wearing plain brown clothes. The clothes were tattered, and did little to fight the chill, especially since they had no socks or shoes.

Mike quickly goes to work with searching for any useful objects. Luckily, there appears to be a single toothbrush, and a tube of toothpaste lying in the middle of the floor. The toothbrush appears to be made of metal, and the bristles are made of steel - sharp. What was it supposed to mean?

Aaron tries his best to look around and spot anything of detail or interest, but the drugs seem to have had a worse affect on him than some of the others. He's far too groggy to assess his surroundings properly.

Fej stands up and attempts to look around for some sort of exit. A grate, perhaps? Hidden panels? No, instead, Fej would step accidentally step upon the sharp, steel bristles of the symbolic toothbrush near the center of the relatively large chamber. The steel 'spikes' would easily pierce his skin, and push their way into his muscles. It'd probably be hard to walk for a while, even after removing the toothbrush. However, the bleeding isn't very bad, and he suspects that he'll be back to his normal self shortly. ( -1 to Dodging. )

Artemis looks about, judging pretty much the same thing as Craig about his surroundings. Looking down at himself, he realizes that he has tattered clothing and bare feet. It would appear that he had no equipment at all.

It would appear as though the group had finally woken up. The Computer was advanced enough to comprehend nearly every action that the Humans took, just by judging the incredibly slight vibrations that they created in their movements. Motion detectors lined the inside of the alloy-walls, and almost every form of communication could be easily monitored by The Computer without any need for surveillance equipment.
The Computer decided that before it'd push the creatures into any interesting scenarios, it would simply wait and see how the Humans would interact together.

Spoiler: Status. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:42:47 pm by Martyr Syndrome »
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [5/5] 2024: The Symbolic Toothbrush. [0/10]
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 05:48:31 pm »

"This toothbrush must mean something. Surely we can't be expected to brush our teeth with it; perhaps we can brush our way through the walls and try to escape?"

I start to bounce ideas off of my fellow prisoners, trying to figure out the true nature of this toothbrush.

"Someone, grab the tube of toothpaste and tell me what's inside of it."

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 09:32:38 pm »

I put the tooth paste on the toothbrush, then brush my teeth
I discuss the toothbrush with Apostolic Nihilist
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:31:39 pm by Rashilul »

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 04:25:16 am »

Take toothbrush and make sure that Rash can't ruin it be stupid.
"If the bristles are made of steel... a weapon, perhaps."

Search for anything useful. Count it as search training.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:19:44 pm by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 08:25:04 am »

Rashilul, this is your first and only warning to take my RtD seriously.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 08:55:05 am »

If he's RPing a stupid person, I see no reason why he cannot do stupid things. Regardless,

I take the toothbrush and rub the bristles against different parts of the wall, seeing what effect it has.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 01:57:16 pm »

My character is "mentally challenged"
(He'll regain his senses if you want him to though.)

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 02:33:30 pm »

"I don't know what that is but it's sharp! [/b]

Rest foot and concentrate on becoming more resistant to pain

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 05:01:10 pm »

Insane or otherwise, show some restrain. You're in control of him. I realize you want to be realistic, but assuming that the toothpaste container was even filled with toothpaste at all was fairly meta' of you. Feel free to take another action. Anything you'd roll from doing that action would result in some serious injuries on your part. Unless you REALLY want to have your character that stupid and spoil the fun for the others.
It's up to you.

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 08:42:16 pm »

"Maybe the toothpaste holds some sort o'acid or something. I've used that shit on sa...well, to do some body work on my car."

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 04:40:29 pm »

It looks like Martyr has abandoned us.
Anyways, I've been meaning to create my own RTD for a while now — if he doesn't mind, I'm going to borrow the setting.

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 06:14:30 pm »

Sounds like a good idea.
I'm 100% swamped with work right now. College is a cruel, cruel mistress.
Pages: 1 [2]