Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ServantCorp's Art Games Studio  (Read 1706 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ServantCorp's Art Games Studio
« on: September 25, 2009, 06:51:56 pm »

Can anyone pass off any sort of junk game, hide a secret hidden message inside said game, call it art, and get covered on all the latest blogs? Let's find out.

Inspired by "lose/lose", I just made an art game right now. Aquaman Justice Part 1.

Play it. And tell me if this art game really is...um...any good. I made it in about 5 minutes, and it's really just an art game, not very good gameplay. No, I won't tell you the hidden secret SUPER DUPER MEANING of this game. That defeats the purpose of art.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:53:48 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: ServantCorp's Art Games Studio
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 07:03:59 pm »

Is it that batman is better because he can jump infinitely?

Or is a commentary on the nature of platfr- nay, ALL games?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 07:54:51 pm »

The explosive crate is sexuality in relationships.  If you attempt to push it forward, it destroys your relationship.  Batman and Aquaman's struggle represents the class war.  Batman, being the upper class, simply jumps over the platforms and reaches the end safely.  Aquaman, representing the poor, must travel the platforms, which represent traditional 9 to 5 labor.  His platform is unstable, and he continually falls and must start over, representing the treadmill an unskilled laborer spends his entire life navigating.  The monkeys that fall and die every few seconds represent today's youth, being thrust out into a world they're unprepared for and burning out before they can truly experience life.

That, or it's just a really sucky game.
Shoes...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 08:23:06 pm »

I agree with Cthulhu, because he is an Elder Thing.

(honestly that's the best over-interpretation I've seen in a while, second only to the ones for Doom: RoE)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 01:31:23 pm »

Now I am begining to see why the creator of lose/lose posted his interpretion (so people would be able to know what the game is about, and thus don't have to play it).
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:26:25 pm »

The explosive crate is sexuality in relationships.  If you attempt to push it forward, it destroys your relationship.  Batman and Aquaman's struggle represents the class war.  Batman, being the upper class, simply jumps over the platforms and reaches the end safely.  Aquaman, representing the poor, must travel the platforms, which represent traditional 9 to 5 labor.  His platform is unstable, and he continually falls and must start over, representing the treadmill an unskilled laborer spends his entire life navigating.  The monkeys that fall and die every few seconds represent today's youth, being thrust out into a world they're unprepared for and burning out before they can truly experience life.

That, or it's just a really sucky game.

We have a winner.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 02:26:42 am »

Cthulhu...

In the words of Sam,

"You crack me up little buddy."
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 08:43:08 pm »

So was I right?

Also, I'm not your buddy, guy.
Shoes...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 09:48:14 pm »

No, no you are not right. I'll let you know if the correct interpertion is found.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 09:53:18 pm »

Whatever, art is subjective.

This just in, I just beat the game as Aquaman.  I am a master.
Shoes...