Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fallen Earth - Wait, not actually free. Still good. Meh.  (Read 8392 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Earth - Wait, not actually free. Still good. Meh.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 06:09:43 pm »

I really hope they haven't done that APB pay-per-gameplay model.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 06:14:40 pm »

now here's a problem.  The game says free to play, but the market still sells game time and it has a counter of the amount of game time you have left which upon registaring for me is 4 hours.  So I'm gonna make a shot and say either thier market is broken or it's f2p to a limited amount of time..

They have different tiers of membership, in addition to just free, like most f2p games do. These add little perks (faster xp, more bank space, etc)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 07:45:44 pm »

ok ya I see what it's all about now, it wouldn't let me see the market until I had actually installed the game.  Now that I have the game looks damn good, and it seems all premium does is increase the progression rate a bit, instead of making all weapons 10x more powerful sort of thing.
Nom nom nom

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 08:00:46 am »

acctually I signed up anew now (had a trial accout, but i have lost the username and password, and since i am too lazy to search my drawer-new account!) and the news feed says it's f2p now. but i am not sure.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2011, 06:21:38 am »

It's most definitely free to play now, with some limitations as far as being able to only get around 10 red chips (the approximate equivalent of 10 gold in WoW terms, something that's somewhat hard to accomplish early in the game). At least until you buy one thing, no matter what it is.

So far, I'm impressed. I definitely like the general feel of it, for an MMO, and the crafting system is... interesting, to say the least. No more "I need to buy 100 of one thing and grind that to get to the next thing I have to buy" like most games that copied Everquest or WoW. No, it takes approximately 1 minute to craft the easier things, and I've done some guns that take around 13 minutes. The best part is that you continue crafting while logged out, so you can queue up to 20 items to make then go do something else. Being a solely crafter character is also fairly simple, as you get experience from both crafting and gathering, as well as enemy killing/missions/etc. With the large number of things to craft and the around 10 trade skills, there's a few options as to how you can build a character.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 2 [3]