Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d15] unconscious metalsmith in strange mood  (Read 671 times)

Phazorx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d15] unconscious metalsmith in strange mood
« on: September 05, 2009, 04:36:38 pm »

Unconscious crafter (Victor Athelam, Metalsmith), resting after being struck downs by guards at his home, suddenly withdrawls from society and claims a forge. Due to injuries it takes extrimly long to collect ingridients and he should probably not be sleepwalking in a first place, risking falling into deep vegitative state afterwards...

save is available here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1535776/region1.rar
dffd isn't working atm...

Cryten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d15] unconscious metalsmith in strange mood
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:21:59 am »

I dont know if this is a bug as Ive heard stories of such things several times. Most commonly its legless dwarves taking forever and then going insane dragging themselves across the fortress.
Strange moods can overcome many disabilities (such as red spine wounds) at least untill their sleepdeprivation from taking so long drives them insane.

Phazorx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d15] unconscious metalsmith in strange mood
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 12:01:07 pm »

in this particular case the miner was resting to heal the injuries. upper arm and leg i believe, he was also unconscious at that time.
Then I got a message:

After that Victor got up and started crawling towards the forge, took some time couple of weeks perhaps
then finally:

It only took him nearly 3 months to get eight ingredients and then:

making the thing also was taking some sweet time (much longer than usually) and voila:

I was checking up on him once in a while - all the time he was unconscious and near the end one of his hands started to hurt on top of all that.