Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Disease, biological warfare and excrement could go hand in hand.  (Read 5312 times)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disease, biological warfare and excrement could go hand in hand.
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2009, 08:28:51 am »

You could even make it a necessity in tanning, since urine was the most common (only?) thing used in tanning rawhides. Not sure I like going down that route though.

Braaaaaaains

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2009, 05:04:08 pm »

You could even make it a necessity in tanning, since urine was the most common (only?) thing used in tanning rawhides. Not sure I like going down that route though.

Braaaaaaains

Nope, brains weren't used in tanning, although many tanners still found them essential to their daily work:D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2009, 06:30:42 pm »

Nope, brains weren't used in tanning, although many tanners still found them essential to their daily work:D
Ok i get the joke, but you may still confuse others.
BRAINS were used in tanning, and get this: they made tanned hides edible! I didn't know that.

http://www.braintan.com/articles/furs/george1.html

[EDIT]
Washing Your Fur
Now that the skin is scraped you want to wash it. I use Suave shampoo for this and the bath tub when my wife isn't looking. Next I borrow her hair dryer to blow dry the fur. This is usually best done when she isn't home. The next step is to turn the fur in and dry the skin a stretched out like you would if you were taking it to the buyer.

Braining
For tanning you will need one brain, a blender, a microwave, a bath towel (not one of the good ones) and some punky wood, here in the Rockies I use aspen. For the brain I go to the local market and get either a pig brain or a beef brain. It really doesn't matter which one as either one will work. At times I have been forced to buy a whole case of brains as it is a special order but they are not very expensive, and they will last in the freezer forever.
[...]
Parting Thoughts
With this method you can tan several skins with one brain and for under two bucks. This is a safe way to tan furs around children and pets. The tanned furs will be as soft as the finest fur dress if you put a little work into them. If the wife catches you using the kitchen appliances just tell her that you were doing it for her new fur coat.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:52:44 pm by Dwaref »
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2009, 08:14:47 pm »

Doesn't it have to be funny to be a joke?   :D

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2009, 11:02:42 am »

Well, like people have mentioned, sewers are not the only way to dispose of waste. If excrement can be turned on/off and used for other fun things (first of all, fertilizer), then I'm totally for it (if it doesn't take too much effort to implement).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]