Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Emperor's New Clothes  (Read 1372 times)

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
The Emperor's New Clothes
« on: September 12, 2009, 06:42:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hm.  Is this common?  I really wanted to steal the king's underwear and run off.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Emperor's New Clothes
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 06:47:24 pm »

I recall hearing about a bug somewhere that involved a monarch arriving with no clothes, etc., but I also thought it was fixed.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:50:17 pm »

Just... Male Dwarf?

Shouldn't the name be purple or something?

Anyway it's not uncommon for all of a normal dwarf's clothes to rot off, but I'm noting a suspicious lack of mud and vomit...

Shooped?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 07:09:14 pm »

It's in adventure mode, so I dunno if he'd still be naked if he went to a fort.

No one else's clothes in that fort are rotted, or even X-ed.

And his name isn't purple when [l]ooking for some reason.  No title, either.  I dunno why.

I noticed a similar thing with Elf Druids, too.  They always wear nothing but cloaks and mittens, like DMs.

Finally tracked down the ruler of another dwarven civ.  Man, the adventure mode fort design is terrible.

Apparently, the bug is only fixed in fortress mode.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:19:13 pm by Arrkhal »
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 10:03:56 pm »

Ever behold, the leaders of the Jaybird Kingdom.

It funnier when you consider the fact that Boundlabored is the name of that king. And as for the queen, Dreamymansions? I'll say!

Imagine being ruled by such people? It could either be like the Playboy Channel, or the History Channel.

...And why would you want to steal the king's underwear? Some runts put you up to the dare as an initiation to a ruffian gang or something?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:06:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 11:41:40 pm »

Because it menaces with spikes of cat leather and therefore is worth 23,000 dorfbucks. :)

Anyway, I think the fact that you went to embarass him by taking his clothes and found him naked is hilarious.

And the thing with DMs (and anyone else who hoards cloaks and mittens) is that those things can be layered, and they're allowed to take them. Don't think it's hardcoded. You'll notice nobles with a left glove fetish (or whatever) will hoard them in their rooms, but not wear them simply because they won't fit.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 12:37:41 am »

Anyway, I think the fact that you went to embarass him by taking his clothes and found him naked is hilarious.

It was incredibly ironic.  But I really wanted to make a name for Trakashrolgis as the crazy Kobold who took a quest to kill a dragon, killed it, flung its corpse at the king, then did the same with a titan, then pantsed the king and ran off.

Just need to kill a bronze colossus and a giant cave spider, and he can retire in his old cave, protecting the rest of the 'bolds from the sea lamprey and carp menace (there are like 8 named fish, it's really sad).

And the thing with DMs (and anyone else who hoards cloaks and mittens) is that those things can be layered, and they're allowed to take them.

What I mean though, is that it's an odd (and distinct) outfit.  DMs arrive wearing it, then they go adding to their collection, without bothering with trousers or tunics.  Similarly, elf druids seem to just wear a cloak or three, hood, and mittens, while all the other hippies have fairly normal clothes (and elves have no in-game clothing industry, so they couldn't have just found the clothes lying around).  The druids also appear to be unarmed, which makes me wonder how the heck they rack up so many kills in Legends.  Maybe they turn in their weapons and clothes upon becoming a druid, like the exact opposite of everyone else's leaders.

It does seem like guys can sometimes spawn with an insane amount of clothes, too.  I've had migrants in Fortress mode who show up on a hot map already wearing some insane combination like 2 leather tunics, a leather dress, leather trousers, leather skirt, 2 pairs of leather socks, shoes, a leather cap, leather gloves, and leather mittens.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 12:39:57 am »

Imagine being ruled by such people? It could either be like the Playboy Channel, or the History Channel.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 12:41:37 am by Itnetlolor »

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 11:38:11 pm »

He is the King. If he wants to go nude, he can go nude.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.