Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dr. Manhattan exists, and he is dwarven.  (Read 757 times)

it_is_coming

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dr. Manhattan exists, and he is dwarven.
« on: September 08, 2009, 01:11:32 am »

So I'm digging out royal quarters for my incoming king when my framerate drops dramatically, and I'm getting "urist the miner cancels eat/drink/live: could not find path" I was very confused because I could see nothing obstructing their way. I then realized that the top floor of the shaft they were digging had no downward stars. They had magically passed through the floors, dug themselves a nice little cube to die in, and lost their magical abilities and were speedily starving themselves to death. Luckily, there were a few spare picks lying around that I gave to some peasant to save them with. I am now scared to turn their mining labour back on.
Imagine the datascape of the future, where digital archaeologists, scouring the uninhabited and long-abandoned corners of the supernet, uncover our creations (save folders) and hopefully the means to appreciate them in our context (a DF installation).

And that ... that is immortality.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Manhattan exists, and he is dwarven.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:19:26 am »

Well, it's possible for a miner to fall through stairs when unconscious.

As for how he fell through solid ground...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Dr. Manhattan exists, and he is dwarven.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 02:10:59 am »

Well, it's possible for a miner to fall through stairs when unconscious.

Have you actually tested this? From what I have seen that information is outdated. I had several dwarves happily sleep on stairs and I knocked several others unconscious (cave-ins)on both up, down, and up/down stairs and they stayed there just fine.