Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39e] caged goblin bowman causing rest job cancel spam  (Read 1678 times)

xarph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39e] caged goblin bowman causing rest job cancel spam
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:49:58 pm »

I caught a bunch of goblin bowmen. I installed their cages in a pit that will eventually be used to drown them. Meanwhile I was building a 10 story tower to drop people I don't like off of, so I tested it by pitting a goblin wrestler (different cage) off the side.

Well as soon as the wrestler went splat, I started getting loads of spam from a single wounded dwarf that was cancelling his rest job because of a bowman which was still safely in his cage down in the pit. The wounded dwarf is quite a ways away, and none of the other dwarves seem that worried about it.

Screenshot:

Save - as soon as this save loads, the rest spam starts. The camera is focused on the pit containing the offending bowman (I think).

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [39e] caged goblin bowman causing rest job cancel spam
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:17:35 am »

Okay, I'm downloading it and I'll check it out at some point.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Crackmaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gyroshot.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 11:24:18 am »

I see according to the bug list this is still an open issue, and I believe I'm experiencing something related.

In version 0.28.181.40d--though I first saw this in 40c--I have a wounded Ranger hanging way out in No Man's Land with an injury. His rest is repeatedly interrupted by a wolf (from the looks of things, soon to be several more), which makes perfect sense, but the interruption happens hundreds of times in the space of only a few seconds, and in less than a minute there are thousands of these messages.

See the save here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=546

You should be focused right on top of the ranger and wolf, and you'll immediately see the messages popping up. Be warned, I believe I may have made my site a smidge large on embark, and while it's quite playable on my system, I can't promise others will be so lucky.

TheWealthyAardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 05:42:27 pm »

[40d16] My leatherworker fell unconscious while fleeing from a Lizardman and got herself caught in a cage trap.  When I built the cage and released her, she was still unconscious and lay in the cage's square.  While she was there she spammed rest cancellations, saying that she was interrupted by a Lizardman.  This continued until she woke up and ran off to her bed to recover from her missing eye.  I neglected to grab a save, but I'll try to recreate it tonight.  It shouldn't be hard, considering how my luck clearing this underground riverbed has been so far. 
Quick, somebody who can pretend they know with a reasonable degree of believability hop in and act like they do!
You fucking rang?
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 09:25:55 pm »

Thanks for the corroboration, but don't worry about uploading a save -- two were already posted and that should be all Toady needs.  Also, thanks for using search!

TheWealthyAardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 04:40:01 pm »

Well, no (good? bad?) luck recreating the problem, but judging by the aftermath the Lizardman was also caught in a cage, although I can't say if it was before or after my Leatherworker was caught/fell unconscious. 

[T]hanks for using search!

I actually used the development bug Report button.  When I saw [39e] I reconsidered posting here, but I decided not to contribute to the entropy of a forum. Thanks for the welcome!
Quick, somebody who can pretend they know with a reasonable degree of believability hop in and act like they do!
You fucking rang?
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.