Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The frist time i played Adventurer Mode...  (Read 4565 times)

zxcvmnb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The frist time i played Adventurer Mode...
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2009, 08:58:56 pm »

Having just left town and barely escaping from a pack of wolves, I discovered the "ignite" feature. Exhasted, I decided to try lighting a "camp fire" and sleeping by it until morning. :(

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 03:42:12 pm »

My first time was basically travelling to all the inns nearby and recruiting an army of drunks, then being killed by desert scorpions.
Ah, I miss the days of the drunks. Heaps of readily available meatshields, who would follow you no matter what.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 03:42:58 pm »

lmao when i figured out how to ignite..... alot of elves died that day.......... ..................................and i found out i hate elven archers :D

hunter66

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 12:57:29 am »

I saw a jewelery having a seizure ... I think  :D ... he cept standing up and down ... up and down ... really REALLY fast.

Qjet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 03:47:32 am »

I wandered around incoherently while pages apon pages of action dialog was been thrown at me every step. Looking back I suspect it was an attack on the town, maybe wolves? I had no idea what it was so i just tried to ignore it (walk forward, space space space, walk forward, space space space) Then i ended up in a river and didn't play adventure mode for 3 more months  >:(

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 01:08:52 am »

That'd be the carp slaughtering the entire town when you arrive then

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 03:56:24 pm »

I was using the dark dwarf mod. I hit shift t, hit down arrow, BAM I’m on top of a mountain (only four squares of ground on that Z-level) with two ramps down, and there is an ice troll on each ramp.

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 04:55:44 pm »

I got to watch wolves playing tug of war with my still-living body. Lots of human chunks all over before I even passed out. In hindsight, I think my character must have started with a couple of levels of toughness. By the time he watched the fifth chunk of flesh torn away, I'm betting he wished he would pass out already.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 04:23:02 pm »

The first ever quest I got on my first ever adventurer, the giant already had its arm ripped off, and so when I walked up to it it didn't even say anything because it was unconscious and so I proceeded to beat it up while it was just lying there.  No training whatsoever (indeed, I didn't even know that the way you get random encounters is on the travel screen), but came out unscathed. 

When I traveled back to town, I guess it was that time of day where everybody would just gather up at the mead hall, and so it got pretty crowded; I was trying to reach the mayor to tell him I finished the quest, but he was on the second floor and there were a couple of people blocking the way in the little corridor on the north wall.  I didn't know that I could get past them by lying on the ground, so I frustratedly hit the right arrow key again and again for a few minutes before thinking "fuck this" and just attacking the first guy that was in my way. 

The 10+ townsmen that were there announced themselves and raped me dead almost instantly.

Altogether a pretty Fun first time in adventurer mode.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.
Pages: 1 2 [3]