Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forticide Challenge!  (Read 1175 times)

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
Forticide Challenge!
« on: September 06, 2009, 08:57:20 pm »

We all know its fun to lose. Helping that losing process makes it funner!

Forticide Challenge!
The rules are simple.

1. Your fort must kill itself. This means that it's the actions of your forts dwarf's that bring about the forts destruction. Outside influences do not count, such as sieges, berserk merchants or crazed liasons/diplomats
 Exceptions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. No direct intervention to accomplish this, i.e. you cant order a dwarf to pull a lever that pours the glowing magma that is Armok's love into the fort. However you can influence a dwarf to do so, by having him go berserk/throw a fit/mad, and putting him next to that lever
Someways to influence them
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Be creative in both how your fort dies and the layout. Anyone can starve their dwarves into killing each other off. It takes hard work and preparation to slowly flood your fort with rising levels of magma, with no escape in sight for the common dwarf! (Bonus points if nobles live)

When you submit your Forticide to the thread, be sure to list all the horrific details along with you nefarious, yet hilarious plan.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 09:08:13 pm by quintin522 »
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Forticide Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 09:14:15 pm »

Bonus points for video/SS documentation.

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forticide Challenge!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:50:40 pm »

I'm making a giant tank of magma suspended over the world by a single support, I'm going to make a pressure plate that is in a room, triggered by water, and a floodgate. If a berserk dwarf destroys the floodgate, it releases the water, closing the door to the room, and crashing down the massive magma tank.