Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cultures between Countries  (Read 529 times)

Andrelius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cultures between Countries
« on: May 30, 2007, 11:09:00 am »

Perhaps the countries and places in the world can have some sort of culture and variety to make exploration much more exciting.

This is probably going too far into world generation, but it's just an idea you might make something out of.

Some certain differences between races (I mean races as in, people of a culture, not human, elf or dwarf.) I can think of are names and architechture. For a country or region, a random name generator would be generated. Architechture in the same way too, could have a generator for towns, which was randomly generated, so that the layout in different towns would be much more different than 'inn here instead of there'.

I'm not really so sure about this idea. Just a random thought to make exploration more fun.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Cultures between Countries
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 10:54:00 pm »

It currently gives them separate civilizations and it makes their clothing and symbols they stitch into the clothes of their guards different, maybe a few other things, and the materials they used are based on what's locally available.  It'll get more interesting over time.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!