Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayor's holdings transfer  (Read 474 times)

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mayor's holdings transfer
« on: August 29, 2009, 11:12:05 am »

I found myself with a fortress that had a mayor change every year for quite some time, and I thought it might be a good idea to allow players to have the mayor's room, office, etc. transfer automatically to the new mayor, so I don't have to remember to switch everything out every time. I'd create a sort of presidential suite, one of the perks of being elected.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayor's holdings transfer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 11:41:44 am »

Yes, I have often wished for this myself.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 11:53:26 am »

I vote yes on this.
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

Malsqueek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 12:19:20 pm »

Even better, why limit it to the mayor? We have several positions that we can assign, why not make all of them assignable to rooms by title and not dwarfname?

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 01:47:40 pm »

Strongly agreed.  Perhaps we could designate a "mayor" burrow (or whatever position) that is actually tied to the position, and the new ex-mayor would be thrown out on the street.

Only problem I would have is how I often have the mayor, bookkeeper, etc as the same person early in the fort's life, which would make handling the associated offices difficult.  Perhaps a noble shouldn't be able to hold these assigned positions, or the mayor or baron or what have you could actually select his 'cabinet' from the population.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:46:56 pm »

actually... I think it's been touched on by the Dev in a positive light... As in... it's planned