Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Don't mind me, moving along now.  (Read 1277 times)

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Don't mind me, moving along now.
« on: August 29, 2009, 04:39:23 pm »

It's simple, I'll take the first action (That results in a significant result, so don't "Look" forever, please.) and post what the outcome was. If someone uses "Inventory" or something like that beforehand, I'll post it too. If you die, I'll post the death message and undo your action.

You are the hunter. You are carrying your crossbow (loaded with a bolt), a thighband with four bolts (strapped to your leg), and a brightly-glowing lamplens (on your wrist). The cave branches here: ahead, right, and left. The animal, your prey, is somewhere in the darkness ahead.

Nearly -- nearly. The animal stink is rank and close. You raise your crossbow, try to peer beyond dark, wet stone.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:10:01 pm by blah28722 »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play "Hunter, in Darkness"! (Interactive text adventure)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 10:02:18 pm »

Fire a shot into the darkness, then head in.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 10:08:18 pm »

>shoot ahead
You steady your aim; steady your breath; squeeze the trigger; wait for... nothing...

You stifle a snort of wry laughter. Weeks of practice -- and when you come to the moment, you forget to cock the crossbow.

Something shifts in the darkness ahead, a great silent bulk. Your prey.

>ahead
You creep up the passage, as stealthily as you can. It must be retreating ahead, for you see only empty stone, though the smell grows harsher...

And the eyes of the beast are on you, and claws come out of the night.

*** You have died ***

YOU WIN.

Restart?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 10:15:52 pm »

Sure, why not?

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 10:17:27 pm »

You are the hunter. You are carrying your crossbow (loaded with a bolt), a thighband with four bolts (strapped to your leg), and a brightly-glowing lamplens (on your wrist). The cave branches here: ahead, right, and left. The animal, your prey, is somewhere in the darkness ahead.

Nearly -- nearly. The animal stink is rank and close. You raise your crossbow, try to peer beyond dark, wet stone.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 11:09:36 pm »

Blegh. This adventure takes far too long to complete for it to be a forum game. I'm going to give up and assume it ended after the first post.