Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d Items Constantly Ignored  (Read 410 times)

Sponson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
40d Items Constantly Ignored
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:40:43 am »

This has been happening quite often now, and I don't quite know how to word it in a search bar.
But... Sometimes when a trade caravan comes I am unable to select my craftgoods to be moved to the trade depot. New craftgoods that are made after the caravan appears on the screen are able to be moved as normal, leading to a very gimped trading session.
In fortresses past, I believe the next caravan that comes reactivates the availability of those items and all is well.

Also: Some multitude of barrels and bins left over from trading won't leave the trade depot until the depot is deconstructed, and even then when they won't be taken. I tried toggling forbids and such but to no avail. Selecting them to be dumped into a proper garbage zone doesn't seem to work either. Kind of like when dwarves spar in the barracks and leave untouchable bloody objects around.

Any clarifications on this would be much appreciated.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: 40d Items Constantly Ignored
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 01:29:46 pm »

It's this one, I believe:

# 000240 □ [dwarf mode][trade]   designated trade items are brought to the depot after the caravan leaves, and then they get stuck there

I've seen this myself and yeah, it's pretty confusing and frustrating.  Should get fixed at some point though.

Sponson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: 40d Items Constantly Ignored
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 09:53:29 pm »

It's this one, I believe:

# 000240 □ [dwarf mode][trade]   designated trade items are brought to the depot after the caravan leaves, and then they get stuck there

I've seen this myself and yeah, it's pretty confusing and frustrating.  Should get fixed at some point though.

Still puzzles me about the whole can't use trade items until after the next next caravan.