Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Succession game : player engraving  (Read 3446 times)

Locus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession game : player engraving
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 01:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Core Xii:
<STRONG>

And you giving dwarfs all these different orders and the dwarfs following them doesn't break the 4th wall?</STRONG>

I was half-joking, but no, that would not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Wall

As far as the text goes, I just meant there are very few places tile-sized letters would fit where anyone actually in the game world would be able to read them. The entrance walls or cliff face would be some of the areas it would make sense. Remember, those letters are as big as elephants/dragons/titans/rats.

Dwarf Fortress is serious business.

[ June 04, 2007: Message edited by: Locus ]

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 03:01:00 pm »

Locus - Perhaps dwarves would appreciate items In trade also) engraved with images of things dwarves like. For example metal, rock, gems etc. Whereas elves would like such things as trees, plants and the sun.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 12:59:00 pm »

Personally I like Locus' idea. It sounds good and have themed area makes sense. For my crypts I want glorious images of the battles that the dwarves had to fight. For my dining rooms I would like the images of the accomplishments that my dwarves have done. Giving them an idea of what to engrave sounds like a great idea!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 08:06:00 am »

If we can predict the symbol the engraving uses we might be able to make "signs."  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]