Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] King with no material preferences [BUG 220]  (Read 660 times)

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
[40d] King with no material preferences [BUG 220]
« on: August 27, 2009, 03:30:54 pm »

Maybe this is how its always been, but I started to wonder about my king never seeming to give any mandates.  I checked his profile and he as absolutely no material preferences at all.  That whole paragraph is not there.

He is still the original first king from world gen if that has anything to do with it.  Thankfully his wife was killed so I only have him to deal with - its kind of nice having one noble that is always content.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 07:33:39 pm by Dwarfu »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] King with no material preferences
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 04:48:28 pm »

Yeah, it's an old bug:
# 000220 □ [dwarf mode][thoughts and preferences]   king/queen have no preferences

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] King with no material preferences [BUG 220]
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 07:33:21 pm »

Dang, I wonder what I typed wrong to have missed that - I always check the bug list...

I've been Footkerchief'd...

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:25:59 am »

The same is true of the Advisor, presumably applying to all dwarves created during worldgen (your original 7 dwarves are created during embark, and all migrants, nobles included, are created when they appear at the map edge).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 04:16:56 am »

I'm glad invaders are imported from the world at least.... right?  :-\
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 08:06:43 am »

Nope, goblin sieges are also created out of thin air when they appear on the map. I believe the only special cases are when you get a flashing weapon master leading a siege, which tends to be a local leader (or other unit significant to the other civilization) created during worldgen.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 06:40:12 pm »

Nope, goblin sieges are also created out of thin air when they appear on the map. I believe the only special cases are when you get a flashing weapon master leading a siege, which tends to be a local leader (or other unit significant to the other civilization) created during worldgen.
oh well, i mean just about any of them. turning up with wounds, special gear etc
hmm, are invader numbers apart from leaders unlimited?
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 06:56:14 pm »

It's actually possible to eventually have killed more goblins at yout fort than there are in your world.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."