Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Space Survival RTD: Round 1 - Obliteration En Route.  (Read 2581 times)

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
Re: Space Survival RTD: Round 0 - INTRO
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 06:39:11 pm »

ROUND 1 - Obliteration En Route.

Spoiler: Rolls! (click to show/hide)

Sturgeon rolls over to his left, quickly looks around, and sneaks toward the one known as Diakron. He quickly dives past the oncoming fist, and digs his hands into Diakron's pockets. His hands come out empty. He then promptly gets smucked on the ear.

Zacchaeus inhales slowly, staring at the red glowing WARNING. He calmly gets up and heads towards the door, and presses the button, the door creaks open, unleashing a few sparks, creaking all the way, but submits. The door is open! Behind the door is a hallway, you can see a window showing space.

Diakron fails to stop the thief, but he loses nothing, as he has nothing in his pockets. Of course. He did manage to push him off though. Taking place as the leader, Diakron stands up and responds to the warning message, it quickly scrolls through numerous texts until showing a diagram of an incoming meteor, headed towards the station. The ETA blinks red, at 5 minutes. The AI advises you to turn on the meteor defense systems.

Reece, the one being of paranoid and broken mind, decides to check if any of the group are out to get him. Well, he'll never know, but he'll be eyeing Sturgeon from now on.

Jason looks all over himself, and he seems to be in one piece. He has no visible scratches or wounds. In fact, he feels better than usual!

Results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Survival RTD: Round 0 - INTRO
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 06:44:33 pm »

"A meteor, eh?", I say out loud, thinking.
"I say we let it hit us; there could be gold SPACEGOLD in that there rock."

I send a (verbal?) command to the main systems; "Lock everyone but me out of the system."

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Space Survival RTD: Round 1 - Obliteration En Route.
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 07:43:14 pm »

I laugh, and say "You want to die?" I then try and look for the meteor defense system, so we can turn it on.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 08:19:19 pm »

"A meteor, eh?", I say out loud, thinking.
"I say we let it hit us; there could be gold SPACEGOLD in that there rock."

I send a (verbal?) command to the main systems; "Lock everyone but me out of the system."

"Belay that order, activate the MDS and give me a status report on all shipboard components."
Back to Mafia with me!

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 04:36:41 pm »

I slowly acknowledge that Sturgeon is likely correct. Moving slowly, having already been behind Diakron by some feet, make my way directly behind the man attempting to belay Sturgeon's order. With a smile, I attempt to use both of my hands in an over-hand hammer-esque blow to Diakron's neck, hoping to incapacitate and interrupt the order.
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 07:16:01 pm »

I get up and walk towards the bridge, giving Sturgeon a good kick on the way out.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 10:54:23 am »

guys all we are going to do its blow it up we can gather the peices up if you like  :P
Back to Mafia with me!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 04:01:04 pm »

guys all we are going to do its blow it up we can gather the peices up if you like  :P

Perhaps it's my character being genre savvy, but it seems likely that if we vanquish this one threat, a new one will appear immediately afterward. As it stands, missing half the station due to a meteor isn't exactly the best situation we can be in; however, it is certainly better than being attacked by alien ships from all sides.

Plus, the spacegold will let us potentially buy out whoever attacks us. There are no doubt countless problems with the station itself — why would people abandon it, if it was in working order? Worst case scenario, we can probably detach the bridge or something and escape that way.

ICly, my character doesn't care about explaining his true motives to anyone, but he really does think things through. He's trying to lock everyone else out of the system to prevent someone from screwing up his plans. He isn't as insane as your characters probably think.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 04:54:41 pm »

whp saod ot was gold? its is probably a ferro-carbon as most are and for our purposes useless
Back to Mafia with me!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 05:07:25 pm »

whp saod ot was gold? its is probably a ferro-carbon as most are and for our purposes useless
Spacegold was just an example. Someone probably sent that meteor towards us, and they want us to do something about it; it may be carbon, and if it is, well, that's too bad. But if it happens to contain valuables, then we've just become that much richer.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 05:11:43 pm »

we can't take a maybe for good against a certainty for bad
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 [2]