Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equine Conformation  (Read 686 times)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Equine Conformation
« on: August 26, 2009, 02:55:48 pm »

Operating from the premise that horse breeds show less drastic variation than dog breeds:

Equine Conformation

It's a long list of specific, technical traits usually spread among all horses and having well defined ties to both actual effect (better/worse for speed, better/worse for power, etc) and appearance.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
Re: Equine Conformation
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 03:21:07 pm »

You should probably state your actual suggestion. :P

I'm assuming you want this level of detail to be added to in-game horses, at some point.  The current descriptive systems for the dwarves seems to allow this.  While it does seem a little too cosmetic in a game that looks like The Return of DOS: This Time, They Aren't Eating Your Floppies, mounts are usually things that are carefully described in fantasy stories, so I say aye.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 03:24:59 pm »

Well... it's more a resource than a suggestion.  It's a good starting point for some of the genetic traits, since it's all 'has' or 'has not' features, how they look, and how they effect the stats of the animal in question.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 03:32:24 pm »

I KNOW KUNG FU EQUINE CONFORMATION
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 03:54:39 pm »

The problem is seeing how universal these are towards other animals. (though this would be perfect once humans are playable since they are all about the horses)