Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My projects, give input!  (Read 1024 times)

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My projects, give input!
« on: August 17, 2009, 12:22:44 pm »

Im currently working on multiple mods for DF.  I thought I might as well get community input on the additions I would make.

ALL YOUR DYES[||                                     ]
A mod concerning the lack of materials to make and alter clothing with.  I plan to make a plant for every single dye possible, as well add a few cloth types on top of that.  There will be a small version for those who dont want the clutter, with only colors that can show up on item icons in game, an underground and aboveground version for each color.

Spoiler: The dye list (click to show/hide)

CIV OVERLOAD[                                     ]
In not content until theres no possible way to gen a large world with every single race possible (unless you start at year 1 maybe, and are lucky?).  From stories, to games, to TV, if you can think of it, it might go in.  Currently in the list phase until the next version/finalized creature raws for the next version are released.
Spoiler: List so far (click to show/hide)

MEGABEASTS GALORE[|                                     ]
A mod to add several thousand megabeats.  Will start on a list after I get my race mod list sorted out/new version comes out, whichever is sooner
Key:
Spoiler: Stuff I have anyways (click to show/hide)

CABINET FILLER[                                     ]
Simple more clothing/weapons/armor.  Since it includes the weapons and armor I didnt merge it with the dye/cloth mod.  I dont have a list yet becuase I need to plan out my race mod first.

DWARVEN STABLES[                                     ]
After the race mod is in I'll also make a mount-adding mod.
Spoiler: Ideas I have anyways (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:25:26 pm by commondragon »
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My projects, give input!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:21:49 pm »

Looks pretty ambitious, but a cool project! If you ask around, maybe some other mod creators will give you permission to use some of their content in your mod.

Eatnobles4breakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 02:43:49 pm »

I agree, this is a pretty hure project. If you do it right, it may take months to piece these races together, so you should use pieces from existing races and other mods. Focus less on the dyes, perhaps, because as a fortress builder, there is nothing more annoying than having to make a choice between 50,000 things when they are relatively equal. My suggestion is that you find out exactly how many colors DF can actually display, and then make that many dyes, so we don't run into duplicates.

And that exploding creature you mentioned failed is possible. They are actually really fun to kill, untill you freeze to death...
Dastog Eatsnobles is posessed with a lazy mood!
Dastog Eatsnobles cancels be useful: in a lazy mood
Dastog Eatsnobles has claimed a wooden couch!
Dastog Eatsnobles is now a legendary peasant!

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 03:07:37 pm »

Well, these are really a collection of seperate mods I'm working on.  As for only colors DF can display, I'll put in a version that only does that, and then a separate version for people who want every dye you can possibly get.  Races will get a basic 40d version made so theres that much less to do once the new version comes in and theres 10x more raws to define.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:18:20 pm by commondragon »

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 03:31:11 pm »

NO! NO! NO!

Monster Hunter is ridiculous! It's a pile of grind and dragons! Please, for the sake of Armok, invent your own fucking creatures!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 03:40:56 pm »

Hey now, I didnt say I wouldn't make things of my own.  I already have a few in there.

And yes, monster hunter is a lot of grind and dragons, but don't yell at me about liking it.  If you dont like it you can either A: not download it when I put it out, or B: Remove them from the raws once you get it when it comes out.