Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Connecticut People  (Read 1269 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Connecticut People
« on: August 17, 2009, 09:22:52 am »

Hi.  We have been having a trend of where people have been living and we must do them all!  Therefore, I will be doing my home state (others my use their countries if present, just make sure to start a new thread with that and don't post here).  So, I'm from Connecticut and well.....hah.  Connecticut has every type of area.  There's rural, suburb, and city.  I happen to live in between suburb and city.  My state is not personally my favorite, but it gets the job done of being underneath me.  I've heard some of you guys are from Connecticut, so come out and finish this cliche!  Come talk about your favorite state!  Muahahah.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Connecticut People
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:06:03 am »

I'm from Washington, which is my favorite state. We have a temperate rainforest, , deserts, mountains over 10k feet, an oceanic border, the furthest south glacial till on North America. (I live 3 miles from it, incidentally.) One of North America's biggest rivers, cities, towns, rural areas, and giant national forests. (I live 12 miles from one, incidentally.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:08:07 am »

You're close to Toady One that means!  HURRY TAKE PHOTOS OF HIS HOUSE.

Do et.

Do eet.

DOO EETTTT.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 11:15:30 am »

Wrong side of the mountains. Also, it's an 8 hour drive to get anywhere NEAR seattle.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 12:07:05 pm »

Washington state is real nice. Haven't really been to New England but I always picture it based on various gritty novels I've read about old-timey things there. AKA, a bunch of grizzled lumberjacks sipping whiskey, trudging through the snow all the time and being depressed.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 12:10:39 pm »

Haha yeah.  Alot of people in Connecticut are depressed.  I'm guess--well I don't know really.   ;D

Also, the lumberjack thing is sorta true.  Both of my uncles are like that.  Heh, I just remember, they both own cabins up north in Maine.  Hah.  Funny.

Just to let you guys know my origins date back to French Canadian.  AKA I'M COVERED IN HAIR AND I GOT A MUSTACHE WHEN I WAS 12.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 12:19:08 pm »

a bunch of grizzled lumberjacks sipping whiskey, trudging through the snow all the time and being depressed.

That sounds like where I live! All you have to do is replace sipping with chugging, and whiskey with beer! Well, they're also less depressed.

Yeah, the economy of my town pretty much runs on the lumber industry, dolomite mining, and tourism.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 12:33:40 pm »

Heh, from what I can see.  My town has no economy.  The state pays for everyone.   :'(

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 01:22:24 pm »

Ah, I've got friends up there. Interesting to know Toony was within the same state. Anywhere close to Bridgeport?

As people already know, I'm a Marylander. Only things you need to know are the Chesapeake Bay, the wetlands surrounding it, the tropical climate that bribed climatologists to be called sub-tropical and DC is tucked right on the southern border with Virgina. We have quite a few farms for being so close to the Megalopolis known as the East Coast, and despite that it all appears to be tucked away in forested hills. Our horizon is always hills covered in trees.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 01:33:39 pm »

I never thought of Maryland as a state.  It's like my least favorite, then Hawaii.

EDIT:  As for Bridgeport, nah.  I'm in the New Haven district.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 02:28:32 pm »

Maryland somehow becomes less interesting than plains states, which features miles upon miles of nothing. Maryland is more boring than that. Somehow.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 02:44:23 pm »

BREAKING NEWS!
Baby steals taxi and runs over 20 nuns!

Today a baby was taken into custody when witnesses said, "He waved a taxi over and then suddenly drew a knife on the suspect.  The baby forced the taxi driver out of the car, not before stabbing him and then high tailed out of there."  "It was so fast and shocking I didn't even know what happened before it was too late."  Says one witness.
   The carnage didn't end there says police officers.  "The baby then proceeded to the closest church and ran down all the nuns he could see."  One of the surviving nuns says, "It was the most horrifying event I have ever experienced.  I thought my time was up!"  The baby killed 4 of the nuns and seriously injured the rest.  The surviving nuns have stated that they will be pressing charges for all it's worth on the baby.
   Finally, after the baby ran over the nuns he drove onto a local highway were he clocked at over 110 MPH!  The baby lost control and fish-tailed into one of the concrete barriers.  Unforgettably, the baby survived.  Police surrounded the fugitive and hand-cuffed him.  The baby had several broken bones and was missing a leg.  Then police searched the taxi, pounds upon pounds of cocaine was found!  The baby stated that it wasn't his, but that accuse was defiantly a lie.  Continue reading this shocking story on pg 9!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 07:30:59 pm »

I live in New York but I go to conneticut quite often. What town?
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 07:42:26 pm »

Mer-e-den.