Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding workshop jobs  (Read 450 times)

Mokuren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding workshop jobs
« on: August 13, 2009, 07:12:18 pm »

I've been getting down to modding even thought a new version that will probably invalidate most of my content is due, and I've been left to wonder one thing...

... Is there a way to add jobs for workshops that aren't related to the smelter (because of new reactions) or forge (because of new weapons and armor) or the bowyer (because of new bowish stuff)? I've been meaning to make the alchemist's laboratory actually DO something, but can't quite understand how to do it.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Modding workshop jobs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 07:44:50 pm »

Nope. You're out of luck. The only reactions that you can change are smelter based. You can work around it by having plants made of adamantine, but not much else. Toady (armok be with him) sees this and will change it someday soon.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 09:23:49 pm »

"Soon" = a few years, considering the overall pace :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mokuren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 04:31:41 am »

Ah, I see. A real pity.

Will have to wait for the new version to casually fix this and possibly other modding possibilities that only I and maybe two other people care about.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 06:51:33 am »

Nah, as far as modding goes, tis a biggy. Loads of people are hankering for new reactions at different workshops, so it's nearer to the top of his to-do pile than most.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 02:48:05 am »

Prooflinks or it's a childish babble :D.
A lot of people say "it will be in the next version" about the things they want. I don't mind people dreaming, however there's no need to lie to others :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 03:21:47 am »

I actually do believe the next version is supposed to change the Kitchen, Alchemists Shop and a few others to Smelter-style reactions. It's in the patch notes if i recall correctly, i definitely remember seeing Toady say something about it.