Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whats on your wishlist?  (Read 1327 times)

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whats on your wishlist?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 11:20:30 am »

Short term - Actual diseases, zombies, etc.  I think(think) these are coming in the next version, hence the short term.

Long Term - Everything Toady can think of. Everything.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 06:22:06 pm »

1. More to do in Adventure mode. If you could dig and build constructions, it would bring the Hermit challenge to a whole new level.

2. Magic!

3. An expansion of the Mechanic profession, like more plumbing. Perhaps building pipes out of copper that can fit in one tile and carry water, and smaller pumps. Basically, anything that would allow for more compact plumbing.

4. Dwarf logic. Dwarves should be more efficient, rather than running back and forth between two distant digging sites all day. Not to mention that they should avoid trapping themselves.

5.  ???

6. Weapon poison and an expansion of Herblore and Alchemy.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 11:21:42 am »

The ability to leave a fortress with out Abandoning it.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Archaeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Predator Angrinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 03:57:06 pm »

For Volcanoes to erupt as a consistent feature.

Seriously.  More Volcanoes, More Eruptions, double the pleasure, double KILL THE ELVES AND GOBLINS.

Winterbrass

• Bay Watcher
  • [HOMEOTHERM:10032]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 04:33:54 pm »

1 - Receiving caravans in autumn from ALL of the other dwarven fortresses in my civilization once my fort becomes the mountainhome.

2 - Being able to send out trade caravans at any point in the fort's development, and telling them (in very general terms) what I want them to bring home. I see it as, over time, the more you send out caravans, the more they'd be able to predict/remember the needs of the civilizations along their trade route and be able to plan more accurately what they should buy when visiting the humans to sell to the elves, et cetera.
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:RARE]
[CAN_CIV][CAN_SPEAK]
[ETHIC:USE_MIND_ALTERING_SUBSTANCES:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:CAUSE_UNFUNNY_DRAMA:SHUN]
[ETHIC:PLAY_DF_AS_ELVES:UNTHINKABLE]

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 04:36:33 pm »

For Volcanoes to erupt as a consistent feature.

Seriously.  More Volcanoes, More Eruptions, double the pleasure, double KILL THE ELVES AND GOBLINS.

OH. MY. GAWD. YES.

If eruptions were to happen (is that proper grammar?) in 40d, there would likely be a massive framerate hit. But from what I heard, the next version should be much faster, so maybe we can expect eruptions in the near future.

I'm definitely in favor of realistic eruptions. Including magma flows. And deadly raining chunks of obsidian. A Krakatoa-sized explosion would be the most epic ending for a fortress. (For those of you who don't know what Krakatoa is, check the Wikipedia article.

Maybe volcanic eruptions would be a new HFS, Toady puts it in without telling anyone about it. Then, we all find it the FUN way.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 05:12:51 pm »

You just reminded me. When If the next version comes out, we're going to have get to find out all that new HFS. There's going to be loads of it, and with the increased complexity, modding questions are going to skyrocket.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2]