Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FleaFall Champion  (Read 1010 times)

Viewtiful-Chris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FleaFall Champion
« on: August 16, 2009, 08:55:12 pm »

http://reloaded.org/download/FleaFall-Champion/283/

Here's a fun little game.

In this party/action game, you play as a teeny little flea in environments loaded with things to latch on, bounce off of, and hop on to. It's 2D, and the levels fit the screen, not scrolling. The point of it varies amongst the three modes, but the main idea is usually competing against other fleas to reach an object that scores you points. You are timed while doing so, and gameplay is in rounds.

The graphics are cartoony, and they don't need to be any better. Geez, it's a game about a bunch of fleas bouncing around for points!

The sound is quite pleasing to the theme.

Now the awesome thing about this is the multiplayer aspect. You can have FOUR (!) players on ONE KEYBOARD bouncing around after those pesky point balls. Each player only uses two buttons, very simple controls, jump right and jump left. You can aim the jumps by holding the button down to charge it. You'll be hopping frantically across all the objects, kinda like a little Spider-Man without webs.

It also has an online multiplayer component which seems to be quite good, with a shrink-and-wait for open games option and lobbies. Plus chat. I haven't tried it yet though, as at school (where I usually play the game) it is blocked.

So it's only 12 MB, I recommend you give it a shot. The single-player, where you unlock more levels and play against computer opponents, can get quite challenging. Another review, screenshots, download, and everything are at the link.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
Re: FleaFall Champion
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:39:14 am »

Interesting, challenging little game.