Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: mods that work together  (Read 1266 times)

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mods that work together
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 05:51:34 pm »

no, it isn't. The raptor mod is the one currently used for the Raptor sucession game.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 11:51:46 pm »

i just found a rather bad error in one of the mods:
Code: [Select]
Mostly zinc sulfide. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphalerite
Sublimation point of zinc sulfide is 1185 C. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfide
[MATGLOSS_STONE:SPHALERITE]
[NAME:sphalerite][COLOR:0:7:1][TILE:156]
[ENVIRONMENT:METAMORPHIC:VEIN:100]
[ITEM_SYMBOL:'*']
[METAL_ORE:ZINC:100]
[VALUE:2]
[BOILING_POINT:1185]

let me draw your attention to the lack of a melting point, and a very low boiling point. i am going to try and fix this and roll back to an earlier save, but i thought i would make it known
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 10:24:41 am »

It seems whoever made that mod didn't know or forgot that DF uses a custom temperature scale (Fahrenheit + 9968). According to the wiki, that should be [BOILING_POINT:12133].
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 01:36:23 pm »

I believe the problem is in the molten rocks mod. I just copied the temp data from some other rock, limestone i think. What happens when there is no melting point specified? I see a lot of stones with boiling point:none, but all of those specify a melting point.

I guess it does not matter either way, since the issue is fixed, and now my miners are back from the dead. I love that autobackup feature...
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 05:55:09 pm »

Kobold camp and orc mod for hilarious amounts of "fun".

Thankyouthankyou for pointing out the Kobold Camp mod to me. Haven't played that one before.

FfH fan?
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".
Pages: 1 [2]