Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yes, I'm paranoid  (Read 3270 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yes, I'm paranoid
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 10:17:55 pm »

The knife would probably be long enough to kill him. So, yeah.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:20 pm »

If it matters, you are actually supposed to lean forward and pinch your nose. If you lean your head back the blood will flow back and cause you to inhale your own blood. Also, all the blood coagulating in your nasal cavity will help stop the bleeding.
If you choke on your own blood, you are either in a weird position or have a throat very different from mine. Just trickles down into my stomach with no breathing troubles. But I still prefer leaning forward with ones nose closed, as the dried blood does fill the gap.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 06:12:07 pm »

Ummm, I read about some 3000 year old trick to stop nose bleeding:

Don't tilt your head anywhere. Keep it balanced, like you're standing up straight. It's still probably safer to sit while doing that lil trick.

Then simultaneously slap your forehead with your palm while hitting the back of your neck with the edge of your other hand. Don't hurt yourself but dont go too soft either. Do this three times in a row, in quick succession. Like... about 1.5 seconds for the three hits. I cant remember the correct position on the back of your neck, whether its closer to the skull or closer to the "base" of the neck, but I think aiming for the center, roughly, should do it. You shouldnt hit so hard you could cause any damage, anyway. Again, no teasing, either.

Oh, and it's better if somebody else does it for you, while you just sit there, but if you're not totally faint in nature you can do it yourself, standing up, wherever you are.

The bleeding wont stop instantly but definetly very quickly, usually in ... i dont know, a few seconds, maybe 20 tops. Works a treat, really. Has something to do with the blood circulation in the head, maybe it was a blood pressure thing and supposedly it's a very "healthy" way to stop the nose bleed.

I use it (on other people, mostly, since I rarely ever have to do it to myself) regularily for -I dont know... 15 years?- and it has helped everytime, as far as I can remember.

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Member of the Elves' Parting Association (EPA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 09:33:09 pm »

I used to get nosebleeds as a child every single night. At around one o'clock in the morning I'd wake up with a hemorrhage of blood and would have to stay up for 1-2 HOURS in order for it to stop.

It might have not been every night, but it definitely happened at least twice a week. Then there was the times in the middle of the day in public it'd happen... Not even sure how I coped with it, really.

It's more or less disappeared as the years went by - about a nosebleed per month, but that's far and away better than before.
I am perhaps the most successful troll ever because even though I do not troll others I troll myself successfully... and there are no rules against trolling yourself.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2009, 01:00:48 am »

I had something like that, alongside with a bad cold- if I tilted my head wrong, it would bleed, profusely. Or if I blew my nose at all. Blood loss was becoming a problem (I was literally bleeding more than 50% of the time, always woke up in a big puddle of blood). Anyway, I got a silver nitrate treatment- the cauterization held on the third time or so.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 01:13:49 am »

Wow, that's something I've never heard of happening to anyone before. I never get nosebleeds.
Pages: 1 2 [3]