Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mandates. How I love thee.  (Read 1403 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Re: Mandates. How I love thee.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 11:43:43 pm »

I forgot magma, shoot.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 12:13:04 am »

This is why I give the social skills to the member of the starting 7 that likes green glass and doors. ::)
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 05:04:22 am »

Damn straight. I always check my starting sevens favored items, and make the trader/mayor the one who likes common stone, and cheap metal. Hell, I had one who loved microline and copper. Decked out his room with that, and he was one happy mayor.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 07:18:29 am »

I don't remember for sure if he/she was one of my starting 7 (I think he was), but I had a mayor who was re-elected for many years and had an absolute OBSESSION with bone leggings or bone greaves. He would just put up a production order right after the previous was finished I put up with it as an excuse to use up some bone. I don't remember the exact situation about the last straw, but the last straw was when he mandated an embargo right after I had sold a whole bunch of it to the traders. The decision was going to punish so many people that I thought it would make him unpopular and ousted. It didn't happen. Then I got fed up with this guy and sent him to walk the plank and take a dive in the magma. I generally try to leave my origional dwarves alone, but that particular guy was asking for it.

In my current fort, I have gotten a mandate asking for hoary marmot leather items. I haven't seen a production or embargo mandate quite that specific other than saying Iron ___ for example.

I usually just ignore the mandates, although sometimes you get one for some barrels or bins, which I use as an excuse for making a few since you can never have too many of either.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 09:14:52 pm »

It can be quite... awkward when your Mayor likes Rhesus Macaque leather and Thongs. Especially if he is married to your Dungeon Master.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.
Pages: 1 [2]