Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: caravan bringing rough gems (and stuff)  (Read 580 times)

kamikazemoose

caravan bringing rough gems (and stuff)
« on: May 12, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

I think it would be great if you could import rough ones from the (dorf) caravan. In my last fort I lost 4 dorfs to strange moods demanding rough gems. Being above an aquifier and even when through it found no gems in quite a while was a pain.

I don't care if they cost 5 times the cut gems or something.
Maybe sand(bags) too, while it may not be worth much if you told someone they would get a whole bunch of stuff (useless stone crafts) for it they'd be bringing it with the next caravan for sure

Maybe glass could be imported too.

Is there anything I missed? good or bad Idea?

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: caravan bringing rough gems (and stuff)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:39:00 pm »

Being able to import sandbags and rough gems would be a good idea, I think.

At the moment, it is just frustrating to lose a dwarf to strange moods simply because finding gems is difficult, and finding the exact type of gem that they are demanding is near impossible.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:09:00 pm »

don't forget water barrels, for your wounded military.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 01:43:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Bricktop:
<STRONG>Being able to import sandbags and rough gems would be a good idea, I think.

At the moment, it is just frustrating to lose a dwarf to strange moods simply because finding gems is difficult, and finding the exact type of gem that they are demanding is near impossible.</STRONG>

Dwarves don't demand exact types of gems anymore (and I'm not totally sure they ever did). If they want a rough gem, then any rough gem will do.

They also don't ever demand glass anymore either, as far as I've seen.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 01:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedToast:
<STRONG>Dwarves don't demand exact types of gems anymore (and I'm not totally sure they ever did). If they want a rough gem, then any rough gem will do.</STRONG>

Not entirely true.  I know with the current version I've had moods fail that need "rough color" and had a couple gem types in stockpiles.

I believe it has to do with personal throught preferences (if they like rubies, then they'll want RUBIES not just any gem, if they have no gem preference then any gem will do).