Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Am idea for equiping your dwarves.  (Read 455 times)

Kontraband

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Am idea for equiping your dwarves.
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:26:00 am »

When  u activate a dwarf instead of setting an armour grade shield level and what kind of weapon he can use it would be nice if instead there were three buttons which said Select Armour, select sheild and select weapon. and when u hit it u got a list like the one u get when u are selecting what material to build a b uilding out of. when u hit selcet armour u got a list of all the armour in your fortress and u could go through and choose the peices u wanted that dwarf to wear.  this would do away with my need to have 5 armour stock piles and 5 weapon stock piles aswell as doing a whole lot forbidding.

vanarbulax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am idea for equiping your dwarves.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 03:31:00 am »

Yep definitely one thing which which is need so we can wage proper battles. This, better control of squad action/movements and the ability to move your armies out of the local area and attack settlements will make me actually care about raising an army.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Am idea for equiping your dwarves.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 03:52:00 am »

Hi!

Well, I am not really that much into the army arc, but I can see another great benefit of this:

It would eliminate the equip bug once and for all where you have a dwarf who has been drafted walk over to the armor pile and keep changing equipment forever.

Thus, even while it would not make me raise an army, it would be an improvement I would personally also welcome.

Deathworks