Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 9k not enought  (Read 1285 times)

Kode527

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
9k not enought
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:56:26 am »

Cmon, wheres the "Ask for 100000" in trade menu? I probably lost a lot of money because 9000 is the largest amount of money you can ask for your goods. At least after discovering something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:o
I think thats alot of items. Never have found this many items at once. Any1 else has?
What kind of things does affect to the amount of items found near a cave?

Probably the most valuable item I found:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 9k not enought
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:22:53 am »

Cmon, wheres the "Ask for 100000" in trade menu? I probably lost a lot of money because 9000 is the largest amount of money you can ask for your goods. At least after discovering something like this:
:o
I think thats alot of items. Never have found this many items at once. Any1 else has?
What kind of things does affect to the amount of items found near a cave?

Probably the most valuable item I found:

THis is why we do not store all our items in bins made out of gunpowder.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 02:03:48 pm »

If you're trying to sell items worth more than 9000, there are two ways to do it.  First, you can sell only a few items at a time, to make sure you don't underpay for anything; second, you can mark some of the merchant's goods for purchase, to reduce the amount of actual coin changing hands.

I often find enormous amounts of items near a cave, though never that many.

Items end up at caves because certain megabeasts and semimegabeasts like to steal items from the towns they sack.  The older and more successful the megabeast, the more items it will have stolen over the course of its life.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:01:50 pm »

old forts and towns that have had a killing spree at have hundreds cloths littering te area.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 03:27:26 pm »

Note that coins are very heavy at this point in the game (at least in stacks) and can only be used in towns belonging to the same civ you got those coins in, so in some cases it's better to hang on to the trinkets until you need to buy something.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 04:51:36 pm »

Alternatively, as long as you have a good suit of armour you really don't have anything else to spend your money on (and if you're a dwarf or an elf, absolutely nothing to), so you might as well bling yourself out with the loot you've found.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 01:51:02 am »

Preferably with a +elf bone crown+, maybe some <<-elf leather earrings->>, a nice *elf bone scepter* or three.

...Are elf leather earrings made of elf ears?

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 01:57:13 am »

i imagine no, as earrings that big would be very impractical.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 04:28:42 pm »

I think the number of rubbish spread around and inside caves depends on the creature that dragged them over there, megabeasts often steal these things and put them inside their cave. You can read it in the legends, by looking at some megabeasts profile. I guess the quantity would depend on how long the megabeast survived to go about his stealing, and the material would depend on who it stole from. This one must have stolen from dwarves.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 04:39:00 pm »

If you run a world gen for 10,000 years (as I once did) and visit a Kobold cave, you will flip out.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 09:56:16 pm »

Ah, Kobolds, always thinking in the long term.  Tsk tsk, little guys.