Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way of seeing a list of all items that a dwarf owns?  (Read 590 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm asking because theres this damn legendary mechanic (mooded) who keeps spamming that her owned items are inaccessable. I know there are a few clothes that dwarf owns in the UG river, but I've forbidden them and she still keeps crying about it. I'm trying to figure this out the long way, by forbidding all the clothes items in the fort (I have 148 dwarves) and slowly unforbidding a type at a time, such as fox leather ___ .

I've been meaning to reclaim a corpse in the river anyways, so I'm working on blocking the source and draining it through the UG pool turned well, which I have an emergency drain for in case some dwarf falls in.

I'll have to unforbid everything when the traders come though....

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way of seeing a list of all items that a dwarf owns?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 08:48:24 am »

Forbidding a dwarf's owned items doesn't mean or do anything.  You're having a problem somewhat similar to the "naked wrestlers" problem of a clothes-littered barracks:  These items are owned by Dwarves, and no amount of forbidding or dumping or melting will convince them otherwise.  That Dwarf wants access to their stuff.  Nobody else is allowed to touch it, and nobody is allowed to tell them they can't have it.

Good luck pumping the river out enough to get to them.  :/
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:55:28 am »

I already have the outlet blocked. I did that some time ago for some whatever reason. The water will drain through the natural cistern that I have (UG pool right next to the river). Remember what I said about the emergency drain?, that's how.

I guess the stuff in the river IS what the dwarf is complaining about. It's about time I reclaimed the bones of a dwarf I sacrificed (so I wouldn't kill the true miners) to block the thing origionally when I was draining it to get at the critters trapped in the UG river.

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 06:28:06 pm »

You're having a problem somewhat similar to the "naked wrestlers" problem of a clothes-littered barracks:  These items are owned by Dwarves, and no amount of forbidding or dumping or melting will convince them otherwise.

Incidentally, I discovered a solution to this problem:

WWWWWW
BBBBBW
BBBBBWW
BBBBBADL
BBBBBWW
BBBBBW
WWWWWW

W = wall
B = bridge opening <-
A = armor rack
D = door
L = Lever

Attach the lever to the bridge. open it. Assign the armor stand to be the baracks, filling the whole room.

After your wrasslers have torn each other's clothes off, forbid the door and atom smash their clothing.
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".