Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good tileset for OpenGL version?  (Read 1164 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Good tileset for OpenGL version?
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:58:42 pm »

Anyone got one? I was using Mayday but I can't find it for the opengl version which I've only just discovered.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
Re: Good tileset for OpenGL version?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:49:33 pm »

Hang on... Isn't the OpenGL version... Just the same as the current...

Yeah, that's right. All the current character sets will work for the OpenGL, the only difference is that you can leave them as PNGs, which I find preferable because it's smaller.

I think this because I'm using Anikki's 10x10 one. Just saved as a PNG.

As for graphic sets, I've got no idea.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:10:15 pm »

Dwarf Fortress always used OpenGL...
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 08:37:12 pm »

Oh, that's right. I think he might mean this particular branch of Dwarf Fortress though.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 05:42:11 am »

Aye that's what I meant

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 08:42:33 am »

The problem is that Mayday's set, specifically, is not tailored for 40d13.  It references the wrong tiles for certain memory locations, leading to such strange things as hunks of meat hopping about near your ponds and calling themselves "lungfish," or all your vermin simply being a colored dot, sometimes with a background and sometimes on a transparent one, or your plants not looking like the plants you're used to (my Plump Helmets, for instance, look more like purple trees, whereas my trees (at least, most of my trees) just look like a capital F without its lower arm - and in previous versions they would look different based on the species of tree).

The game is perfectly playable this way, though it takes some getting used to and you have to put up with a few strange appearances.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!