Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blawging for DF.  (Read 3271 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Blawging for DF.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 08:59:20 am »

A dwarf twitter feed sounds interesting.  May have to have a go at it sometime.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 09:48:16 am »

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

ESPECIALLY the racial slur.  :-\

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:00:44 am by Yolan »
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 10:59:41 am »

Horrid comedy, 4chan-esque humor, and a "trying-to-be-cool" idea. Let me break you.

First off, the original material, or lack there-of.
IDD (Indie Developer Disease) and work less and less on the project, untill it was almost falling into the deep pit of oblivion [insert goatse here]
a huge nig- i mean, ape, which would inevitably lead to his mental retardation making him totally oblivious of the company's casual gamer AIDS-filled future?
It currently has two play modes: Fortress mode (read: Build a self-destructive communist monarchic medieval society mode) and Adventurer mode (read: become a one man civilization destroying elf raping army of lulz that gets eaten by a pack of wolves mode)

Dear god, it's horrible.
Anyway, moving on. The bland, un-directed offensive nature honestly has no real purpose other than appealing to internet tough guys who HAET EVRYUN. The copious amounts of dislike and slurs leaves a foul taste in one's mouth, and coupled with the half-assed attempt at humor, really makes me want to shove kittens into my sensory orifices so I never have to hear, see, smell or touch anything that I would associate with this blog.

I also get that you're trying. You're trying hard. You're trying TOO hard. The references you make to everything to appease the Typical "closet genius"(Read: shoehorning) makes me cringe. Not only are you making Dwarfort seem like a hyper-complex smart game for the smart man and in-accessible(Albeit, it is.), but you and your horrible jokes and slurs are turning off said smart man.

You should take down the blog immediately.

You seem like one of those teens who try desperately to seem really smart and great so that they can fit in with the smart crowd and the older crowd, but really are stupid, arrogant and no one really likes
(Kind of like me)
That kind of humor is hard to do right, and exactly why it works is difficult to pin down. There is likewise a reason why some things become memes, and other, similar things, are the living embodiment of fail. As far as lacing things with obscenity goes: it's not funny in and of itself, it's merely a lack of censoring, with the bonus of pissing off uptight twats. And as far as EDesque humor goes, it has to be omnidirectional vitriol that goes too far, to the point of outright absurdity. It's not serious business, it's absurdity and filth, and you should love it for it.

But yes, he's trying too hard.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 08:26:28 am »

NO. BAD TROPER! I managed to get away when I realised what you had done, but that was nearly 8 hours of my precious life gone.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 08:56:32 am »

NO. BAD TROPER! I managed to get away when I realised what you had done, but that was nearly 8 hours of my precious life gone.

Why do people find tvtropes so fascinating? I clicked, glanced at the site, decided it looked boring and left.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 09:44:01 am »

Why do people find tvtropes so fascinating? I clicked, glanced at the site, decided it looked boring and left.
They read through the examples, and open dozens of tabs, each of which spawns more tabs. It's a great way to kill a day. Or to completely neglect everything you meant to do because you opened a link and couldn't stop reading for hours. That happened to me once, and henceforth I only touch tvtropes carefully, and deliberately avoid falling into that trap. Mostly by not going there in the first place. :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 09:59:46 am »

They read through the examples, and open dozens of tabs, each of which spawns more tabs. It's a great way to kill a day. Or to completely neglect everything you meant to do because you opened a link and couldn't stop reading for hours. That happened to me once, and henceforth I only touch tvtropes carefully, and deliberately avoid falling into that trap. Mostly by not going there in the first place. :D
I guess I'm just odd then, it doesn't seem all that interesting.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 10:03:07 am »

He is obviously immune. We must extract his blood and create a vaccine.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Styrre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 12:36:57 pm »

He is obviously immune. We must extract his blood and create a vaccine.

So, the Magic Antidote?
The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run. Over unsounded gorges, through the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents' beds, unerringly I rush! Naught's an obstacle, naught's an angle to the iron way!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 01:55:26 pm »

AHHA! Suck on my slow internet connection! I saw the title before the page had time to load.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 03:08:45 pm »

AHHA! Suck on my slow internet connection! I saw the title before the page had time to load.
So you don't check what the url is before clicking a link?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 07:46:33 pm »

Screw you, now I do. :D

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 09:31:33 pm »

I usually see the title of trope in question, and (never having read the TVTropes article in question) say "I know what that is" and get back to whatever I was doing.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 [2]