Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: changing alcohol to do water's job  (Read 645 times)

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
changing alcohol to do water's job
« on: August 08, 2009, 01:34:37 am »

When dwarves get injured, they require water instead of booze etc.
How do I change alcohol to do this for dwarves? I'm in a fix and kinda need something to hydrate a wounded dwarf, no available water here.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: changing alcohol to do water's job
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 01:49:30 am »

Unfortunately, it is hardcoded. My best advice for you is to give up on that dwarf, or if he is only lightly wounded, try deconstructing all of your beds. If there are no beds to rest in, sometimes lightly injured dwarves will continue as normal instead of resting, therefore allowing them to drink alcohol.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 07:02:26 pm »

Yes, most of the time they will work if there are no beds. I usually wait until I have water before I construct a bed for the chance that one of my original 7 dwarves (particularly miners) get injured, but the work needs to be done.
The only thing that's not afraid of a dragon is a marksdwarf.
Or maybe a mechanic, if given enough time to prepare.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 07:05:19 pm »

From my experience, any dwarf without a leg or nerve (spine, brain etc) injury will get up and get his own booze if you deconstruct the beds. As others have said, its an intermediary solution. Really you need to get a well working pronto, even if its a small one.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 03:06:04 am »

When dwarves get injured, they require water instead of booze etc.
How do I change alcohol to do this for dwarves? I'm in a fix and kinda need something to hydrate a wounded dwarf, no available water here.
There's no way to prevent dwarves from drinking water except adding [NO_DRINK] tag.
Finis sanctificat media.