Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck Dwarves Hang out After Reconnected  (Read 478 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stuck Dwarves Hang out After Reconnected
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:21:47 pm »

Due to the way dwarves disassemble bridges, sometimes they end up on the wrong side.

Ok, so I can build a bridge to rescue them so that the bridge can only be dismantled from the correct side, however, this is not the issue.

The issue is that after the dwarf can path back to anywhere else again, they like to hang out as "no job" for a little while (ok, so maybe pathing doesn't update immediately or something), but that's not the real problem.  The real problem is that they'll leave, get a drink or whatever, AND COME BACK, often getting themselves stuck again as another dwarf dismantles the new bridge.

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck Dwarves Hang out After Reconnected
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 07:51:15 pm »

If you define a meeting area they will eventually go their and forget about the old place they were hanging out at.

I lost a few miner that dug out magma tubes or water channels, left and later decided they wanted to go back in after it was filling. Now I always make sure to seal everything off with doors before it becomes unsafe.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck Dwarves Hang out After Reconnected
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 09:26:12 pm »

If you define a meeting area they will eventually go their and forget about the old place they were hanging out at.

I have one.  It's the dining room.