Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Life Lessons  (Read 1718 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Life Lessons
« on: August 07, 2009, 08:16:49 am »

Life lessons with a Gnome Dwarf: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/505953
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Life Lessons
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:07:48 am »

"If she has a headache she's tired, if you have a headache you're gay."
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:00:03 pm »

Could somebody explain the second half of that statement? Were they just starved for material at that point, or has that actually been used with a straight face?

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:13:11 pm »

Not starved. Just trying to make a funny.  :P
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Ssiissuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 03:29:48 pm »

Could somebody explain the second half of that statement? Were they just starved for material at that point, or has that actually been used with a straight face?

If a woman doesn't feel like sex, in popular culture, she'll say that she has a headache. A man is supposed to be eager for sex, constantly, therefore if a man tries to turn down the sexual advances of a woman, he is not actually tired and turning down sex, just sex with a woman. He must be looking for a man, obviously.

I've heard similar things said often enough, in much the same situations as a man will proclaim that a woman in a bar that has just turned his unwanted advances down, is in fact a lesbian. Granted this sort of talk is from the lips of those who tend to use the word 'like' at least six times per sentence.

Girl: “So like, I was like all ready, and he was all like no I'm not, so I was like OMG, are you like gay or something?”
Friends: "Like, LOL."

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 03:58:10 pm »

It failed to amuse me.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 04:25:36 pm »

This animation is pretty sexist. I'm surprised he didn't tag on a "Black people get BET and that's empowering their culture, we make a WET and that's white supremacy!" line.

Granted this sort of talk is from the lips of those who tend to use the word 'like' at least six times per sentence.
I say 'like' a lot. It's from an inability to keep thoughts straight or be clear. :(

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 04:30:32 pm »

I tend to pause or um when I have to stop and think.  Like just has too many other connotations.

The video is fairly sexist.  It seems like the fairly pathetic rant of a conservative male with all the "liberal conspiracy" feelings in place.  Can't tell whether the video was made tongue in cheek or not.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 04:55:56 pm »

What it struck me as was every Dichotomy of Gender Relationships line in the history of stand-up comedy.  Delivered in a very dry, passive voice with no visual impetus.  Some of the points do have a bit of honest sharpness to them, but nothing anyone who's stepped outside of their house couldn't already piece together and keep to themselves.  I don't think there was any more to it than that, no ideology or agenda or anything, just a guy who thinks he's God's gift to insight for thinking up every Ray Romano routine on his own.

And I don't think the "Gay" parts were really supposed to be anything but a running gag.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 07:09:42 am »

It sounded like a stealth parody to me, but I could be wrong.

Big meh, it wasn't that funny.

The animations by the clock crew tend to be notoriously off anyway.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."