Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Naming Squads  (Read 647 times)

sirino

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Naming Squads
« on: August 03, 2009, 09:05:31 am »

Is there any way to name squads? I've got 10 squads of 3x champions each and with crosstraining it is a real hassle to fumble through the menus and see who learned what. I'd much rather give each squad a custom name relating to what they train in and what i'll be using them for. ;)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Squads
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 11:23:17 am »

It's not possible right now. However, given that one of the development things is: "Ability to create squads associated to positions on military screen", what you are talking about is possible.

Actually, I think the military screen as we know it is bieng dumped entirely and there is going to be a completely new interface.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:39:27 pm »

yeah, I really want to name my cripple squad to ' The Shields of Meat' before I use them to slow down the dragon

dragon0421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 02:41:25 pm »

You can, sort of. Just name the professions of everyone in a squad. I always name groups of four according to when they were drafted: 1st Squad, 2nd Squad, etc. Works like a charm.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 04:45:46 pm »

I only have 1 squad. They are my first, last, ad only line of defence. Luckily, because there are so many of them I can tell them to be off-duty 100% of the time and there will always be 5 or 6 drinking, eating or collecting equipment at the front of my fort.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.