Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adv. Travel to "Creature" can place you on inaccessible Chasm ledge  (Read 698 times)

creidieki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I traveled to a "Creature" in adventure mode, and ended up stranded on a ledge in a (round) chasm, with no path to the aboveground.

Every square of the ledge was being watched (after killing the creatures on the ledge itself), so I couldn't Travel away.  I jumped down to a lower ledge, but that was underground, and I couldn't Travel from there either.  (I don't know whether the original ledge was considered too-underground-to-travel).  The adventurer ended up having Fun.

This may be the same bug as 0899, where someone got ambushed and ended up in an unreachable square at the bottom of a dried-up pool.  That manifestation was less serious, since they were able to Travel away.

The chasm was in a goblin-fortress square that I had already visited several times, if that helps.  There were several groups of creatures to travel to (as well as the fortress).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:48:46 pm by creidieki »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Adv. Travel to "Creature" can place you on inaccessible Chasm ledge
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:06:14 pm »

This bug probably won't show up in the next version, since underground features like chasms are being substantially revamped (the ledges will probably be gone, or at least they probably won't have creatures on them).  The underlying problem is likely to remain, though.