Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Multi Depot  (Read 1046 times)

Zeg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Multi Depot
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:51:57 pm »

Theres already this bug:

000226 □ [dwarf mode][trade] having two depots confuses the human traders

And as such, this is possibly related. I built 2 depots in my fortress (haven't had a human caravan just yet thankfully), then when I raised the drawbridge to seal off my fortress, one of the two depots was still flagging as accessable, even though there was clearly no path. Of the two, when the bridge was down again, the dwarf caravan picked the correctly flagging one, but that may just have been coincidence/shortest path.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Multi Depot
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 10:28:43 am »

Did you follow the green to figure out how the depot was claiming it was accessible?
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 03:15:50 pm »

Given that it paths from the Depot OUT and you have one inside (paths up to the drawbridge) and one outside (paths everything outside, including the other side of the drawbridge) I don't see what the problem is in that respect.

Zeg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 03:41:50 pm »

The point was that the green path clearly stops at the drawbridge and yet one of the two depots was claiming it was accesible. They are basicly right next to each other behind the drawbridge, purely because I wanted it all symetrical. Theres definatly no other way out, its a walled constructed pasage over a hole, one end is the stairs, the other is the drawbridge.

I might try raising the drawbridge and letting a caravan come to see if the wagons still try to come because of the wrongly flagged depot. I'm guessing if they do, they'd just sit at the map edge, but who knows, maybe they'll ingeneously teleport in or something heh.

j0nas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 12:44:35 pm »

I'm sorry if necroing this thread is considered bad style, but since I have a nearly identical issue...

I have four depots deep inside the mountain, as part of my great Execute All Traders initiative, or EAT for short.  My entire fort consists of 2x2 up/down stairs and two squares wide tunnels and doors.  I'm planning to dig ramps to give my depots outside access in the future, but three of them are already marked as accessible.  The fourth depot, while clearly having a direct path from the other three depots, is marked as inaccessible.  None of the depots has wagon access to the surface, no way no how.

Update: As I tunneled to the surface the fourth, inaccessible depot became accessible.  Perhaps making the depots *really* accessible fixed the problem, assuming that my ramps are correctly dug.  I haven't had any caravans arrive yet.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:31:41 pm by j0nas »