Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sieges  (Read 593 times)

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
Sieges
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:30:54 am »

So, orcs just aren't cutting it for an advanced fortress. Even they can be made to break and run.

Is there a way to mod them to a) send really, really huge siege groups that b) don't break or leave, and preferably, c) will stay until the next siege group arrives?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Sieges
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:33:47 am »

Add [NO_FEAR] to them. Then they'll stop running.

LOSNR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 04:22:40 pm »

Orcs already have [NOFEAR]. It just prevents individuals from running away when heavily wounded. Squads of [NOFEAR] creatures will still retreat if you kill enough members.

As far as I know, there's no way to actually modify siege behavior.

Eatnobles4breakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 12:04:29 am »

You could play with their lifespan and things like that...litter-size, that sort of thing to make their sites grow extra-huge
You'd have to adjust the limist of how many orcs can stay in one place...and this could just turn them into a bunch of friendly hippy elves...I have no idea...
Dastog Eatsnobles is posessed with a lazy mood!
Dastog Eatsnobles cancels be useful: in a lazy mood
Dastog Eatsnobles has claimed a wooden couch!
Dastog Eatsnobles is now a legendary peasant!

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 05:01:38 am »

So, orcs just aren't cutting it for an advanced fortress. Even they can be made to break and run.

Is there a way to mod them to a) send really, really huge siege groups that b) don't break or leave, and preferably, c) will stay until the next siege group arrives?
As far as i researched, sieges have the hardcoded limit (maybe +-, but i'm sure because that's my statistic):
1. Not more than 16 warriors in a siege group. (And rarely less than 16)
2. Total number of sieging groups not more than less of ([PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION] tag and [your site population in tens]).

Different civs can siege you together at one time from differents corners.

So once i have a siege of 7 groups (4 orxz and 2 orcs and 1 human) that ended with total 113 corpses.
There were only 18 dwarves that struggles bravely but they were hopeless outnumbered, so i lose the fort.

*Attention*
The fort was situated in evil mountains with a view onto haunted swamps, have three enemies (orcs+orxz and goblins) in upper lines at embark point.
Orcs have:
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:2]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:6]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:5]
Orxz have:
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:5]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:10]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:15]
Humans have defaults, and they come into attack only when other groups were almost defeated and almost every dwarf had red-grey-brown wounds.
Finis sanctificat media.