Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothing Storage and the 'Stocks' screen  (Read 684 times)

Khyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothing Storage and the 'Stocks' screen
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:12:57 pm »

1) The ability to store usable and unusable clothing in different stockpiles (The options appear under Armor, but all clothes are 'Finished Goods' which means all the useless Narrow stuff gets lumped in with the rest of my clothes)

2) The ability to search through the 'stock' screen by name, so I can find and melt-designate all the Narrow Iron crap without worrying about melting any usable stuff. I can do it in the trade depot, so why can't I do it in the stockpile (Z, Stocks) screen?

Maw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing Storage and the 'Stocks' screen
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:44:34 pm »

As an FYI, while not under stocks menu, an answer for 2) is under the stockpile menu.

Under stockpiles/armor (& weapons) in the lower right are fields (u)usable and (j)unusable.  You can create armor and weapon stockpiles to which only unusable metals (i.e. narrow crap) gets moved.  Typical usage is placing such stockpiles near your smelters.  You then manually select bins/items in the stockpile itself for melting  Similarly, usable armor & weapons can be located in 'usable' stockpiles in an armory area.

That said, a nice workaround that would probably make many people happy would be to have similar fields for the clothing selections under stockpiles.  This would make a consistent approach (which most players seem to want - ref various other threads on the UI).

Similarly, but probably harder to implement would be the OP's request to differentiate gear in the (z) menus.
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing Storage and the 'Stocks' screen
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 11:29:28 pm »

All this will be covered when Toady does the Presentation arc.