Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sand Modding Problems  (Read 999 times)

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sand Modding Problems
« on: July 26, 2009, 05:49:18 pm »

Since I hate having only sandy loam and not sand, I gave it the necessary tag for sand gathering to commence. However, the magma glass furnace refuses to accept the bags filled with the sandy loam.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Sand Modding Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:40:20 pm »

Hrm.

You may have to make a new set of reactions for the sandy loam.  It's not the same as any other existing sand, so the furnace has no idea what to do with it.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 06:44:29 pm »

Eh? I don't remember having this problem...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

LOSNR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 06:50:24 pm »

Glass is all hard-coded, but the furnace shouldn't distinguish between different sources of sand. Are you trying to make clear glass? Does the furnace have a constant tile of 4/7 or higher magma?

The current entry you have for sandy loam would be helpful.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 07:22:55 pm »

The problem just stopped for whatever reason. Don't know why, but now about 43% more fortresses can make glass!
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 10:11:11 am »

I did this once, worked well, forgot to change it back when I made a new world, now I have a clay desert...