Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dropping Gear  (Read 359 times)

Zankaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dropping Gear
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:01:42 am »

I have 3 marksdwarfs so far and I equipped 2 of them with full ironsets and one with a full steel set (my squad leader) due to lack of coal. Anyways I have made two more steel sets with X/bows for my underlings but I cant get them to drop the iron gear.

I have tried setting their pieces to 'dump' and nothing, then tried 'forbid' and still nothing. They are not on duty and there are multiple refuse/armor piles so I dont know what is wrong.

Also was wanting to know how I could get my soldiers to drop their civilian clothes also, main reason being it helps me alot if I can see what my guys are wearing without having to search through 30 items every-time. Also I dont think mittens are very dwarfy and want to dump/sell all my pairs.
"Hesitation leads to disaster" - Kishimoto
"Courage imperils life, fear protects it" - da'vinci
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu
"In death all things appear fair" - Homer
At one of my older forts, I had a cat with a kobold kill to it's name, I locked a kobold into a small pit and then kept tossing cats in till it died.....For Science!

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping Gear
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:12:18 am »

Turn off armor for your units, and make a custom Iron only armor stockpile, when your haulers are done movin it, forbid the extra iron junk, then turn back on thier plate and they should go get the steel, unless you had more iron lieing around... as for the civie clothes worn by your military, they're owned so the only way your getting rid of them is tossin the dwarf in magma. as for the mittens, set them all for dumping in you stocks menu, the ones that arn't dumped are owned...
(if this doesn't work you troopers might be bugged, but i doubt that... and whats with the orange letters??)
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Zankaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping Gear
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 01:38:02 am »

alright thanks, that helped =)

(orange = awesome)
"Hesitation leads to disaster" - Kishimoto
"Courage imperils life, fear protects it" - da'vinci
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu
"In death all things appear fair" - Homer
At one of my older forts, I had a cat with a kobold kill to it's name, I locked a kobold into a small pit and then kept tossing cats in till it died.....For Science!