Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mining/Preferences Area  (Read 824 times)

Phelix

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining is Fun!
    • View Profile
Mining/Preferences Area
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:05:04 am »

Well I was mining the other day and I ran into some platinum, and I was like OH JOY! mine mine mine..... and then it hit me..... I had added some peasants too my mining crew earlier (since my 2 legendary miners were on a permanent vacation for some reason or another) and my group of peasant miners start haphazardly whacking away at the platinum with wild abandon destroying anything which could be of use too me..... so I was thinking... a preference for stones would be nice, so that I can assign the unskilled peasantry miners too digging out the worthless eco stones and I could assign my legendary always get the most for my buck miners too digging the rare metals & platinum. Essentially a screen similar too the workshop preferances which allows a minimum and maximum skill level for my miners (so legendaries will only work on important mining stuff while noobs can dig away at the soil)

Also it would help with the econo stone overloads I always seem too get (which has been reduced thanks too my new strategy of "build pointless towers at my entrance")

PS: I checked around and found nothing of this sort, or know of anything in game already like this (besides manually turning off mining on each low skilled miner every time I run into a valuable metal)

"An Ambush! Curse them!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mining/Preferences Area
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:12:00 am »

Sounds like a neat idea there. :)

Not exactly sure how it could be coded, but there is probably a way, somehow.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Phelix

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining is Fun!
    • View Profile
"An Ambush! Curse them!"

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:46:21 am »

Either that or you could you know, make ore and rock not get mysteriously pulverized when handled by a poor miner.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 09:17:07 am »

Either that or you could you know, make ore and rock not get mysteriously pulverized when handled by a poor miner.
HEATHEN!!!