Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d13] Dwarf gets Fey mood, never claims workshop, goes insane  (Read 1028 times)

Shaon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've had this happen to two dwarves in the same fortress and it's rather bothersome.

During the Summer of 41 in my fortress (or at least both times I've played this summer; there was an unfortunate accident with drowning babies, you see), a dwarf will be taken by a fey mood while attending a party. He won't claim a workshop and will, to my knowledge, stay at the party until he goes insane. As far as I know, this isn't supposed to happen. Is this a bug or what?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: [40d13] Dwarf gets Fey mood, never claims workshop, goes insane
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:32:22 pm »

If a dwarf doesn't claim a workshop it's because you haven't built the workshop he needs.

And you let your dwarves party? Hm.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 01:33:53 pm »

Yeah, you probably don't have the right workshop.

This most commonly happens when someone has a magma industry but the dwarf wants a normal forge/smelter/furnace instead.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Shaon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 01:37:57 pm »

Whoops! I'm dumb. I built a clothier's workshop and my current dwarf with this issue (of the profession "craftsdwarf") went over and claimed it. Apologies on the false alarm, then.