Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Caged hostile dwarves; what to do with them?  (Read 2183 times)

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caged hostile dwarves; what to do with them?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 04:08:04 pm »

Well, I've not seen the flaming corpse thing myself, and I've had fire imp fat bubble up in an explosion of boiling fat or survive long enough to be made into soap.
On the same save, no less.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 04:12:54 pm »

To the OP, I recommend just dropping them from a big height, they will go splat below and then you can easily loot the remains, and they will be buried.

Alternatively, drop them in an arena with your best soldier/squad in there, see how many limbs come off.

Magma is possible, but it won't let you get the things their equipment, and just fire may get messy when the other dwarves try to get that !!x(cave spider silk sock)x!!.
The whole fire thing seems to still be unfinished, at least in the way dwarves react to it.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 06:50:19 pm »

You can get the equipment through the standard mass-dump system. Otherwise, you can't pit them.

And not in the way you can't with goblin thieves who just escape. THOSE are easily dealt with by stripping them and stationing a squad over the cage before ordering them pitted. Splutch.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

dragon0421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 07:13:46 pm »

Charcoal burns longer than booze.

And flaming booze doesn't hurt anyone, reportedly. I've never tested it myself.

Well, sure, if you want the trap to be effective then by all means use charcoal. Booze may not do much (any?) damage, but I hear it explodes, which is way cooler. And that's the whole point isn't it? And there are much easier ways to make effective defenses than teleporting combusting prisoners.

Actually I think the best solution is to use both booze and charcoal :D

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 09:15:56 am »

I think I'll go with the weapon pit idea, at least until I capture a megabeast.

1) Construct a room with a checkerboard of pressure plates.
2) Fill the rest of the tiles with weapons.
3) Cage.
4) Release.
5) Wait.
6) BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Pages: 1 [2]