Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Digital Distribution games on sale  (Read 571 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Digital Distribution games on sale
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:33:52 pm »

I thought it might be nice to have one thread for posting which games are on sale online, and what other B12ers think of them.

Currently, www.gamersgate.com has the games by Paradox on sale (for a week?). They've got a good selection of strategy games. In particular, I recommend Europa Universalis III complete. It's a grand-scale strategy set during the time period of colonizing the New World, and a few centuries thereafter. I bought but haven't yet tried Crusader Kings, Victoria, and Hearts of Iron, which are relatively similar games in chronological order, going up to WWII.

Sword of the Stars is fun space 4X TBS game if you liked the Master of Orion series. It focuses more on combats, and has a simplified economy.

I do not recommend UFO: Extraterrestrials. It's like what X-Com would be like if soldiers were revived after battle if they died, and if terrain was indestructible.

If you live in the US, use Paypal for Gamersgate, even if you don't have an account yet. They don't seem to take direct credit card payments. I don't know much about Gamersgate's copy protection, but I haven't heard anything bad about it. I don't think they have download limits for most titles, and have heard that they reset the limits for those that do have limits if you call support.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:44:08 pm by Nirur Torir »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Digital Distribution games on sale
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 06:01:34 pm »

There is a similar deal on steam for all paradox games at 50% off all week.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 05:31:23 am »

Hmm...

I know Paradox from Gamersgate, since one of my favourite game was a Bulgarian-made RTS (old) Knights of Honor which can only be downloaded from Gamersgate.

Now, it can be downloaded off steam, of coruse.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 07:44:40 am »

Here's a very helpful link for this worthy endeavor:

http://www.robothobo.com/ddd/