Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf performed matrix style knockback: awesome.  (Read 1175 times)

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf performed matrix style knockback: awesome.
« on: July 18, 2009, 11:28:02 am »

Something amazing may have happened during a siege today.

I had positioned my lone dwarf behind a locked door. Once the three or so sieging parties, some 40 orcs and spider mounts, had converged into one large 4x4 mass right outside, my dwarf charged in.

The dwarf was immediately trapped under a pile of some 20 orcs. It entered a martial trance. Suddenly, there was an explosion of corpses. A dozen or so corpses suddenly slammed into the wall to the left of the dwarf. Then, another explosion. This time, the blast was directed downwards. Some corpses stuck near the mouth of the entrance, a few stray corpses flew some 20 tiles into the neighboring mountain before exploding into chunks.

All of that happened near instantly. What was once some 40 orcs and wolves now number less than 8.

I have no idea what really happened, but my theory:

The dwarf's max strength, martial trance, and modded weapon (Basically a warhammer with double damage and crit) caused him to deliver a blow that propelled an orc into midair.

At the same time, the orc collided with about 10 others due to their stacked conditions. They are then launched into the air due to the incredible force of collision. All the orcs then slam into the nearby wall and explode.

Then, the dwarf did it again, except harder this time.

Is this awesome or awesomest?>

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf performed matrix style knockback: awesome.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 11:35:50 am »

Awesome.This would be awesomest if you wouldn't change the raws and if it somehow had magma.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 01:54:59 pm »

only thing I have ever seen that was better then that is when a child went martial on 10 rhesus maquacs (er however you spell it) and ripped all of their heads off near instantly.
Nom nom nom

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 09:37:00 pm »

Awesome to the max!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 09:43:53 pm »

AWESOMEST
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Huin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 02:38:01 am »

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 03:13:41 am »

A(jaw dropped)WWWWWWWWWWE(pick up the jaw)SOME!

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 09:59:05 pm »

Shortly after seeing Thread Starter's story, I encounter one by myself:

It is a sunny afternoon. Urist McFisher was by the pond with his fishing equipment. Today he is going to get some turtle for his family dinner. He set ready with the fishing rod by the tree, and decided to take a nap.
By not far away, a group of green, 6 of them appears and coming silently into Urist McFisher's direction. On top of the hill Asob McGuard sees the happening in his lookout tower and call for an emergency state that all dorf are to retreat back to the fortress (Dwarf stay inside, soldier can go out). Urist McFisher however, did not heard about the town call until he is surrounded by the invaders. He only notice it when one of the enemy bolt shot his fishing rod and cut off the string.
When he realize the danger ahead of him he jump up (I activate him into a soldier), enter martial trance (oops, I forgot to assign some weapon and armor to him).
He evaded the projectiles shot from 4 marksgoblins, crush into 2 gobbo wrestlers, tear them apart and the next second he is whacking the marksgoblins. 3 of them died in Urist McFisher's hand and one escape. Urist McFisher however, only suffer with minor scratch.
He is then picked up the fishing rod, put back a new string, and continue fishing. (I change him back from soldier to fisherdwarf)

This is the fun part when you are with DF. Just to share with you guys.