Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I infulence the following issues...  (Read 2250 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: How do I infulence the following issues...
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 02:50:43 pm »

That'll just lead to someone recruiting a priest and a teenage boy and...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 04:06:49 pm »

That'll just lead to someone recruiting a priest and a teenage boy and...
A news story!
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Blank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 11:17:25 pm »

Anyway, I won. It took a long time to get everything in order, but I got the full victory.:)
So how'd you do it? I'm three revolutions in and nowhere close to victory. The last one had the LCS clinging to life until 2012, then the whole freaking country flipped C or C+, even though the opinion polls showed the citizens to be liberal-leaning moderate on most issues, outright L+ on a few, and C on only four or five. The awareness was low, though. But how do I raise awareness? Is that accomplished while simultaneously influencing them? I figured the Liberal Guardian helped jack the numbers up to L territory, but I don't know how to make more people care.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 05:54:52 am »

...and why are the parishioners watching at their desks?

You know those "security camera feeds" the security guards all watch?  Well, whenever no one's around they change the channel and start watching televangelist services.  This is why security guards are all uniformly conservative.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 05:41:56 pm »

How does one influence the political violence one?  Do you just perform random acts of violence everywhere?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 06:20:24 pm »

If you alienate the site, you cause a "rampage", which makes the LCS unpopular and turns issues more conervative. This however also bring America's tolerance of political violence up. Tolerance of Political violence always decrease monthly.

If the CCS alienate the site and cause a rampage, it makes the CCS unpopular and turns issues liberal.  So, it is actually a good idea to have political violence tolerance be low, and let the CCS bring it up.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 10:18:56 am »

How does one influence the political violence one?  Do you just perform random acts of violence everywhere?

More or less.  IIRC, committing violence without delving into rampage territory makes people more accepting of future violence.  Tolerance of violence goes back down over time or when rampages horrify people.  However as S.C. pointed out, tolerance for violence isn't inherently liberal so you might not want to elevate it.  It's possible to win the game without ever firing a gun or to win without firing a gun at anyone but the CSS.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:21:25 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 04:19:34 pm »

A note however, (hopefully I'm misinterperting the code, but...)

While political violence tolerance isn't inherently liberal, swing voters are more likely to vote for the Liberal Party if Political Violence Tolerance is high enough. Despite who's doing the violence.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 04:45:29 pm »

Yeah, all the other issues (talking about the online polls here) are positive to have high (other than president approval if he's conservative), at least in terms of the political cause.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 08:40:22 pm »

I think I'm going to make it so that rampages only degrade support for the LCS, and negate any effect you were going to have on the issue, rather than inverting the effect on the issue. Additionally, I want to make sure there are "constructive" things to do at every site worth attacking, so that you always have goals deep in the facility that you can strike to really push the issue, and more items to publish. Finally, I want to let you publish items in an outside source, without investing in a printing press, for a reduced effect and no bonus to prestige. This won't happen any time soon, but these are thoughts I've had on how to help this area of the game.
Pages: 1 [2]